The High Rise Glorious Skittle Skat Roarious Sky Pie Angel Food Cake
1 c. cake flour
1½ c. white sugar
12 egg whites
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
1½ tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Sift together the flour and half (¾ c.) of the sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt to medium-stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the remaining (¾ c.) sugar, continuing to whip to stiff peaks and maximum volume. (Whip lots and lots. Serious whippage.)
- Gradually fold sifted ingredients, one third at a time, into egg white/sugar peaks. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a 10-inch tube pan that is thoroughly clean and dry.
- Bake 40-45 min., 375 °F, until the cake springs back when touched. Balance tube pan on some kind of bottle (wine?) to cool cake. When cool, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert onto a plate.
This is not the official recipe from the book.
What's the official recipe? Read the book.
Why is this in a thimble blog? Read the book.