Friday, March 16, 2007

Waterford Crystal Thimble

This Waterford Crystal thimble is available from a variety of retailers at a variety of prices. House of Ireland has an OK price (US$45.01) currently, though the U.S. price fluctuates with the exchange rate.
I got my own Waterford Crystal thimble ages ago when they were only US$26.00. It doesn't have the little etched mark, though it was purchased retail from a reputable retailer. I think maybe that was before they marked everything the way they do now(?). It looks exactly the same as this one and feels like all the others I've looked at.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Thanks for finding my blog, 'cause that means now I've found your blog. And I love it! I briefly had time to scan it and you have several posts that I want to follow up on. I only collect sterling thimbles, but I'm by no means an expert and probably have fakes or something. ;-). And it's so funny -- I haven't really blogged about thimbles but I was thinking today ('cause I found a new one at an antique shop)that I really need to do so -- maybe in a week or so, and now you'll just have to be mentioned! ;-)

Mía said...

Yay!
I started out with just sterling thimbles: once-upon-a-time I had enough time to sew a lot and my aunt gave me my Grandma's old one. Then friends and family would bring me the souvenir ones and they're sort of fun and kitschy and small enough.
I love the thimbles at the top of your blog! Just lovely.
Mí.